We would like your help.
IRENA, IEA and REN21 have joined forces again, this time to produce a report on the status and developments of policies for renewable heating and cooling. The report draft is ready for review. Can you help?
The report provides an overview of the role of renewables in heating and cooling with context on the different technological options and applications. The report showcases supporting policy mechanisms necessary to support the development and deployment of renewables in heating and cooling. It builds on the classification of renewable energy policies presented in our other joint IRENA/IEA/REN21 publication: Renewable Energy Policies in a Time of Transition.
The review draft includes the following chapters:
- In Context: Renewable Heating and Cooling
- Energy and policy landscape, drivers and barriers to deployment of renewable heating and cooling technologies
- The Transition Pathways and Policy Framework for Renewable Heating and Cooling
- Renewable-based Electrification
- Towards Renewable Gases
- Towards the Use of Sustainable Biomass
- Towards the Direct Use of RE-based Heat Using Geothermal and Solar Thermal
- In Focus: District Heating and Cooling
Feel free to focus on the sections that most closely align with your specific knowledge and expertise. The deadline for input is 18 August, 23:00 Paris time.
You can find the draft here: http://ren21plus.ren21.net/. Instructions for the peer review tool are here: https://rebrand.ly/RHC_review.
Should you have any questions or require any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your comments!
Thank you and best regards,
IRENA, IEA and REN21