The 5th International Climate Change Adaptation Conference – Adaptation Futures 2018 – is coming to Cape Town in June, welcoming over 1100 scientists, practitioners, business leaders and policymakers from around the world.
The conference connects experts from various industries to discuss the effects of climate change and how best to tackle them, as well as creating a platform for learning.
Speaking to CapeTalk’s Kieno Kammies, director at UCT’s African Climate and Development Initiative, Professor Mark New says the conference will provide an opportunity for sharing knowledge and experience.
Continue reading/listening: http://www.capetalk.co.za/articles/305637/drought-stricken-cpt-to-host-global-climate-change-conference
Key Facts About Adaptation Futures 2018 Conference & Expo
- Conference Theme: ‘Dialogues for Solutions’
- 1100+ registered participants from 87 countries.
- 500+ delegates from ‘developing’ nations, including South Africa and the rest of Africa.
- 190 parallel sessions over 4 days.
- 128 poster presentations.
- Opening Plenary – Tuesday 19 June (open to all registered delegates & accredited media)
- Cheese & Wine Reception – Tuesday 19 June (open to all registered delegates)
- Conference Dinner – 20 June (fully booked)