The Department of Environment, Forestry and Fisheries (DEFF) published the Draft Methodological Guidelines on 2 March 2021 for public comment.
The deadline for submission will be 21 March 2021.
Below is a summary of the most significant changes that we have identified:
- The activities and their respective thresholds have been aligned to the new promulgated Amendment of the National GHG Emission Reporting Regulations (September 2020). A table of these amendments is provided as a reference below.
- The industry sectors that have been affected include:
- Changes to thresholds:
- Brick manufacturing
- Metals industry
- Electrical equipment
- Inclusion of new activities:
- Manufacture of ceramic products by firing
- Exempted activities now reportable:
- Manure management
- Nitrous oxide emissions from managed soils
- Biomass burning
- Harvest wood products
If you are involved in any of the above sectors, we recommend that you ensure you understand how these changes may affect you.
We are able to work with you in making comments or objections in writing on the guidelines. A link to the draft guidelines document can be accessed by clicking the button below.