We are pleased to announce the launch of a new blog series titled "The Fossil Endgame":
It will bring together leading global thinkers to discuss a swift post-carbon transition and help inform the strategic choices to be made in COVID recovery, investments, business strategy, research etc.
Some of the topics that will be covered are:
- Why “natural” gas is “fossil” gas and is a very dangerous dead-end road instead of saviour and companion of the energy transition and why shutting it down first may be our smartest option in the climate emergency.
- The Climate Bailout — how to shut down fossils and speed up the energy transition without having to spend any of your own money.
- “Fossil-free” — the coming new norm.
- Disruption tools already being forged.
- Counter strategies aimed at holding back the disruption.
- The bankruptcy game and other financial exit strategies and why fossil fuel workers and the environment are sitting in the same boat.
It is co-hosted by the Leave it in the Ground Initiative (LINGO) and the Rapid Transition Alliance (RTA) and supported by IUCN NL.
We invite you to join us on this inspiring journey. Staying below 1.5°C is in reach if we seize the opportunity to build back green. So far, 2019 was the peak of fossil fuels. Let’s keep it that way!
Read the introductory post here.
With kind regards