- This event has passed.
Rethinking Eskom: Lessons from electricity sector reform in India and Mexico.
June 10 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
It is my pleasure to invite you to the International Institute for Sustainable Development’s (IISD) webinar on electricity sector reform, to support the launch of our report Rethinking Eskom: Lessons from electricity sector reform in India and Mexico. The agenda, speakers and registration link can be found using this registration link https://bit.ly/305uqYw .
As part of the webinar, we will launch the IISD paper Rethinking Eskom: Lessons from electricity sector reform in India & Mexico. The paper analyzes electricity sector reform in India & Mexico, countries with characteristics comparable to SA. The paper assesses the impacts of electricity sector reform on electricity sector ownership, decarbonization, jobs & electricity prices, focusing on lessons for Eskom’s reform.
– Jongikhaya Witi, DEFF, Chief Director -Climate Change Monitoring & Evaluation
– Dr Lwandle Mqadi, Eskom, Senior Specialist Consultant – Climate Change and Sustainable Development, Risk & Sustainability
– South Africa’s Electricity Sector Reform, Chido Muzondo (IISD, Energy Policy Consultant)
– Electricity sector reform & its impact on electricity prices in India, Shruti Sharma (IISD & GSI; Associate)
– Lessons learned from Mexico’s energy reform, Alejandro Robles (Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México, Adjunct Professor)
Discussion with panelists
– Anton Eberhard
– Lauren Hermanus
– Matthew Parks
– Saliem Fakir