Paul Vecchiatto, 02 August 2013
THE government is determined to forge ahead with its nuclear build programme and Energy Minister Ben Martins says it must be given the opportunity to carry out the necessary procurement work.
On Friday, in his first public statement since moving from the transport to the energy portfolio following the Cabinet reshuffle in July, Mr Martins said: “In the interests of the energy security of all South Africans, the government must be allowed the opportunity to carry out the necessary work needed towards finalising procurement for the new build programme.”
Mr Martins also said the government would make further announcements once definitive decisions had been taken on these matters. Read more